BIOSTATISTICS | GRANT SUPPORT | STUDY DESIGN | DATA COLLECTION | DATA MANAGEMENT | DATA ENTRY
Need help analyzing complex data?
We provide statistical expertise for epidemiological, biomedical, and behavioral research projects. Our consultants can guide you through your analyses or conduct them for you. Written reports, including methodology and results sections, can be provided as well. Areas of expertise include:
- Complex survey designs
- Longitudinal data
- “Big” data
- Add missing data, spatial data, non-parametric statistical analyses
- Statistical software support, particularly for STATA, R, SAS, PASS, WinBUGS, and mPlus
- Fitting of statistical models
- Interpreting, visualizing, and summarizing results
Working on a research grant, but don’t have a data specialist?
We can provide the data support for your research grant applications. Please see the Rates and Policies page for further details on grant preparation support. We can assist with:
- Performing sample size and power calculations
- Specifying and refining the research hypotheses
- Choosing the specific aims, study outcomes, and appropriate statistical methods
- Reviewing the literature regarding relevant statistical methods
- Writing statistical analysis plans for grants and IRB submissions
- Providing letters of support to be submitted with the application
- Responding to reviewer comments
Starting a new project, but not sure where to begin?
Come to us before starting your project to get help in designing your experiment or survey and planning your data collection and analysis. Our services will help guide you in:
- Determining the appropriate sampling techniques
- Deciding whether an observational vs. experimental design is right for your project
- Identifying the best data collection methods
- Planning proper statistical analyses
Need participants for your experiment? Want community feedback?
We can help you find study participants! The BDS Center provides access to various participant pools, including school and community directories. We can help you collect the data that you need to answer all of your research questions.
Need help getting your data analysis ready?
Advising for data entry, including format of data records, variable coding, and treatment of missing data. Entry and organization of data by trained students, including validation measures
Need help cleaning and handling your data?
Working with a large dataset for the first time? Let us help! We have experience in working with many different types of datasets and can guide clients in managing their data, including:
- Help identifying and navigating appropriate data sources
- Cleaning of current datasets and the creation of new variables
- Designing efficient databases